Hairy Heart Games Based in London, UK
Yucatan is a fast-paced, neo-mexican, space-punk, driving experience. It's a 3D racing game, with RPG and metroidvania elements. The whole wolrd is open to explore, abilities and powerups change the way you play. New vehicles can be unlocked. There's a cast of fun characters, and a cool story too. It's got everything, like a sandwich with cheese, marshmallow, peanut butter and BBQ sauce.
The idea for Yucatan came in a vision, one dark night in 2012. Hairy Heart founder and boss-man, Joe Bain, was tripping out, probably watching your favourtie anime or listening to that band you saw once at that festival. In the midst of a wild fever-dream, the main character, Charlie Skullface, appeared and recited a long game design document, including online multiplayer. As Joe furiously wrote down the long, complicated design, a postman knocked on the door. The delivery of the rare issue #9 of the 2015 reboot of DC's Omega Men, interrupted the reverie, and the game design document, fresh from the skull's lips [skulls don't have lips], was lost in the incoming breeze. Hence there will be no online multiplayer.
Ethan became involved in the project through twitter. He has been producing some outstanding, retro-core lowpoly games and art for years now. He's based in America and is a force of nature, the art side of things is down to him.
- One track. We live our lives only once, and accordingly, Yucatan has only one track.
- Abilities to find and unlock. New vehicles. Hats.
- Thrilling, low-poly art work, by reknowned 3D artist Ethan Redd.
- Intense punk, grunge and psych rock soundtrack, featuring Thee MVPs (more TBA).
- An intensely new type of racing game. This isn't your grandma's Forza, and it ain't no Wipeout XXL either.
There are far more images available for Yucatan, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Official selection" Arcadia, Dundee. September 2017
- "Official selection" Leftfield, EGX. September 2017
About Hairy Heart Games
Hairy Heart is a new independant games company, based in London, on kitchen tables and bar stools. Our M.O. is to catch the imagination and excitement of the first wave of 3D action games, bottle it, distill it, and get drunk on it. Our games are unusual, bold, uncompromosing, 3D action adventure titles, for PC and consoles.